Friday, January 20, 2012

Snippets

This is the kids when we came back from peeking at the new house. They ran ahead of me, thinking they were super fast, and they sat at the door and waited for me, then told me how fast they are, and asked me to take their picture.

Same thing happened today with the kids running in front of me and sitting on the step. This time...I had my real camera. :) Notice Miss Taylor's shoes. Luke doesn't have any mud on his...hers are covered on the bottom. Typical.

-----------------------

I love how Luke jumps up and down in excitement every time he flushes the toilet. lol Cracks me up. I wonder at what age he'll stop doing that.

----------------

{driving in car, showed kids where we lived before they were born}
Taylor: Mom, so where were we at before we were in your belly?
Me: God hadn't made you yet.
Taylor: Were we with Jesus before we were in your belly?
Me: God loved and knew about you before you were born but he didn't make you until he made you in my belly.
Taylor: Hmm.
{this girls questions are deep}

----------------

{Luke and Taylor were playing groceries and had play money out}
Luke: Look Mom, at all these coins? I'm going to put ALL these into the box because I'm a rich man. You be the poor woman Taylor.
Taylor: Okay, I'm the poor woman who only has a little to give but she made Jesus sooo happy.

Jesus sat down near the collection box in the Temple and watched as the crowds dropped in their money. Many rich people put in large amounts. Then a poor widow came and dropped in two small coins.
Jesus called his disciples to him and said, “I tell you the truth, this poor widow has given more than all the others who are making contributions. For they gave a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she had to live on.” Mark 12:41-44

---------------

{cracks me up when Luke and Taylor play and Luke's the Daddy and Taylor is his little girl, fits them so well. :)}
Taylor: Daddy: Can I get this little bunny?
Luke: Yes, honey.
Taylor: Daddy, Can I get this doll?
Luke: Ummm, well....I guess so.
Taylor: OH THANK YOU DADDY!
Luke: You're welcome honey. Ya know, sometimes when kids don't obey me, I have to spank them. Cuz, God wants kids to obey their parents. That makes God happy.
Taylor: You're not gonna spank me are you Daddy?
Luke: No, you're being so good and obeying your Daddy.
Taylor: I love you Daddy. {giving him a big hug}

----------------

Taylor: Mommy, I love your husband THIS MUCH! :

---------------

Me: Taylor, come here a minute.
Taylor: {peeking out of the office with her play phone on her ear and whispering sternly} I'm on the phone right now.... shhhhh!

---------------

{Last 2 mornings Taylor's been getting dressed completely by herself and she's very proud of herself}
Taylor: Mom, I'm sooooo big, ya can't believe it can you. I can get dressed ALLLLL by myself. Luke, can ya believe it? Mom...come here and stand next to me, I think I'm taller than you now......ALLLLMOST! :)

No comments: