Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Baby #3

1st Belly Shot, just shy of 18 weeks.

Looks like I'll get to experience what it's like to carry one baby at a time. :) God is good. :)

Nick and I were completely shocked by the news of baby #3, but God wasn't. Nick and I didn't think it was possible, but with God all things are possible.

Psalm 139:13-16
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible.”

In October...all the sudden coffee didn't taste good, I remember noticing when we were up at Uncle Tim and Kathy's cabin. Didn't think much more of it. But didn't want coffee anymore. Nick joked about maybe I was pregnant but we didn't think much more about it.

In November...went up to my parents to visit and they had gotten KFC. The smell almost made me vomit. Whoah.....that only happened once before that a smell made me feel that sick.

That Wednesday night I picked up a home pregnancy test, still thinking I was nuts but felt weird enough about the smell incident to take it.

That Friday morning I took the test when I got up. Nick had already gone to work. It was positive! WHAT?! I wanted to wait until Nick got home to tell him so I waited ALL DAY. I put the test into an envelope with the results sheet, wrote Daddy on the outside of the envelope and told Taylor to give it to him when he got home. He kept asking what it was, but then he opened it, smiled and said he told me. :) So I started trying to remember when I last had my period. Might sound weird but I NEVER keep track of it and when you don't think you can get pregnant. You don't really worry about it. So I start thinking....ummm....did I even have it in October? No. Then I remembered that I had gotten it when we went to the zoo. So I looked back at my calendar to see when we went to the zoo. OH MY! September 19th!

So I call the doctor to make an appointment and they wanted confirmation blood work first. Went and had that done and that came back positive. So they scheduled my first appointment which wasn't until DECEMBER...waited another month!

1st Appointment. December 9th.
I went in and got the talk and papers and the exam. Got to hear the baby's heartbeat and the nurse asked me if I was feeling movement. I said yes but I thought I was crazy since it was so early. She said she could feel the baby moving as she was trying to get the heart rate so she said the baby is moving a lot. Heart rate was 160 if I remember right. They hadn't planned on doing an ultrasound but it ended up that they had an opening while I was there. YAY! I was really wanted to see this little one because honestly, I was still doubting it being true. So we got an ultrasound and they confirmed the due date based on my last period. I was 11 weeks and 4 days. Due June 25th. Baby actually measured 12 weeks but the doctor said that wasn't enough difference to change the due date. I had brought a DVD just in case so they recorded the ultrasound. Baby was jumping around. :) I wanted to wait until Christmas day to tell people but Nick Bair, did not want to wait. He also didn't want to let the news out by accident and get in trouble. ;) So we announced it. I explained to Luke and Taylor that God had given us a very special surprise just like he had given Mary. Taylor seemed excited to be able to "help" Mommy and Luke had lots of questions about how this was all gonna go down. :) Luke of course wants a brother and Taylor wants a sister. We had Taylor give our parents the ultrasound picture and tell them that "Mommy has a baby in her belly!" It was cute was to announce it. :)

2nd Appointment. January 12th. 16 weeks, 3 days.
Quick appointment. Weighed me. Asked if I had any questions or problems and checked the heartbeat. Baby's heartbeat was in the 150's he said which is good. Right before this appointment I actually started seeing movement from the outside of my belly. Crazy. This baby is a mover and a shaker so far. It's so weird to not have regular ultrasounds. We got spoiled that way with having twins. This time around, most likely we'll only have 2. The initial one and then one at 22 weeks.

February 1st, 19 weeks
Nick felt the baby kick for the first time. :)

3rd Appointment February 9th, 20 weeks, 3 days.
Gained 4 pounds total so far.
Baby's heart rate was in the 130's
Experienced some Braxton Hick's contractions this week and some sharp ligament pain that lasted for 1/2 hour. Doctor said if I continue to have that combination, to let her know and they may do an ultrasound. Ultrasound is February 22nd.

February 20th, 22 weeks
Had a scare with some bleeding. Spent some time at the hospital to make sure everything was all right. I wasn't having any contractions, my cervix is completely closed and the baby is doing well. All good. The only issue to be safe was that I'm RH negative. So I just needed my antibody shot early. The baby was kicking and moving the whole time which helped me stay calm. :) Kinda weird my first visit with the twins was at 22 weeks. Pray for protection over this little one. :) Thank you Danny Tanner & Lorrie Tanner for taking the kids in a pinch. They had a great time of course!

22 Week Ultrasound
IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!
She weighs about 1lb.
Checked for any possible reasons/problems from the bleeding and all looks normal.
Baby girl looks great. He said a little on the small side but with in the normal range.

Nick's response to the Ultrasound: "Well, now we have two weddings to pay for." ;)

Taylor was glowing...I didn't realize how much the kids wanted the baby in their room. Luke immediately said....but the baby can be in both our rooms right? He's not happy about Taylor not being in his room in the new house and I guess he was hoping to get a roommate. :)

March 8, 24 Week Appointment
Belly measuring in normal range
Said from the Ultrasound baby girl is in normal range, in the 25th percentile.
LOVING Captain Crunch and Coke slushies.
She's moving and kicking A LOT. :)

Appointments going as normal...

May 15th, 34 week Appointment
RH Negative shot, Still measuring in the 25th percentile, 2 weeks small.

May 29th, 36 week Appointment
Gained 2 lbs this time. Total of 19 lbs gained. Baby is head down, cervix isn't doing anything yet. Scheduled an ultrasound next week to see how big the baby is. Deb Brown said...she isn't gonna be a big baby but you still gotta get her out. lol
Heart rate's been consistently in the 140's.

June 4th, 37 week Appointment and Ultrasound
Didn't gain this time. Still total of 19 lbs gained.
Ultrasound showed the baby is measuring 6.0 lbs, 23rd percentile, she has plenty of fluid and everything looks healthy. Heart rate: 132. Head down, back sticking out of my belly and feet sticking out my right side. She's been pretty comfortable there for a few weeks.

June 11th, 38 week Appointment
Gained 2 lbs, 21lbs gained

June 18th, 39 week Appointment
Gained 2 lbs, 23lbs gained
Cervix is still long. Scheduled 40 week appointment with stress test and ultrasound, and scheduled a 41 week induction in case nothing happens before.
She said the baby is on target to be 6.5-7 lbs.  She said the head is really low and she shouldn't have any problems since the head is already down that low. She's still in the same position.

Olivia Eliana Bair has arrived! 19.5", 6 lbs 8.8 oz. Born 6/23/12 @ 1:14 AM. Her name means "God has answered". Thanks for all your prayers. They were answered!

Friday, June 22nd, 39 weeks and 4 days, in the morning I started having contractions that were consistently every 10 mins. I called the doctor and they said to wait until they were intense enough that I couldn't walk or talk through them. They weren't hard but they were consistent for a few hours and then not and then consistent again and then not. They started to get significantly hard around 9pm. We'd already put the kids to bed and by 9:30pm Nick laid down for bed and I told him I wanted to call the doc. At this point they really started to hurt and they were 5 mins and less. They said to come into Labor Hall to be checked. We got the kids ready to go to the Tanners and dropped them off on the way. The ride there was miserable because it is such a bumpy road. We got there at 10:15pm and they then sent me to the exam room. At this point they were really hurting. The nurse checked me and said I was only 2cm dilated. WHAT? All that pain and that's it? She said since the contractions seemed to be coming fast and were intense that instead of sending me home that she would monitor me for a bit. So they hooked up the stress test machine and I was really having trouble sitting or laying. I wanted to walk but I was hooked up to lots of cords. My contractions were fast and hard and they were off the paper chart every time. She came back and checked me again and I was 5cm. She said wow, that was quick, I think you'll be staying to have a baby. I got into a labor room and things progressed FAST. I've never experienced pain on that level before. I had no breaks in between contractions...they just kept coming. They decided to try Stadol. It didn't touch it. They made me sit down because they said I wouldn't be able to stand but I didn't feel any relief. They debated giving me an epidural because of how fast I was progressing but decided to try and said the baby may be drowsy when born. They did the epidural and my right leg kicked so they knew it went into it but within minutes I could feel it completely again. The doctor said based on the notes last time that I must have a rare spine with an airway through it making it impossible to numb both sides of the body at the same time. They tried laying me on my side to see if the meds would move but they didn't and I didn't feel numb at all in my right side anyhow. At this point I was miserable. I was gripping onto the hospital bed and screaming. It was embarrassing but I couldn't control it. Last time I could compose myself in between but this time I couldn't. They were trying to get the doctor in to break my water but a contraction broke it and it hurt so bad. I felt like she was coming out. They went into the hall and grabbed the doctor and nurses. I was fully dilated and pushed twice, once for her head and once for her shoulders. It was that quick. They said because it was so quick, I tore badly, straight through. 4th degree (highest) tear requiring 4 layers of stitches. I asked the doctor if he had record of the numbing medicine that was supposed to be ordered for me but he had already used what doesn't work at all on me so I felt everything. I tried to just stare at Olivia and forget the pain. She screamed and screamed and screamed! lol For what seemed like forever. I thought there was something wrong but she was just as upset as I was with the intensity of her arrival. She looked awesome. Healthy and sweet. I was so shocked when they put her on my belly because I didn't have that before. They took Luke and Taylor away after me getting a quick peek at them after they were swaddled up. It is AMAZING to experience a full term baby that wants to eat and after 2 weeks I feel so much better physically. The night she was born I couldn't sleep at all. The two nights after I kept waking, having anxiety attacks when I'd cramp because I thought I was having a contraction. I was a little traumatized. lol

Blood in her Diaper!
The Monday after her one week appointment, I changed her and saw she had blood in her diaper throughout her poop. Obviously that's a scary thing to see so I called the doctor and they made an appointment within a few hours to check her out. Turns out she had a small cut right inside that the doctor could see and she was pretty confident that's where the blood came from.

The best part of this story is Luke and Taylor. They were so concerned about her and they prayed back and forth the whole 1/2 hr drive there that Jesus would heal her in the name of Jesus. I cried the whole way there. I'm sure partially from hormones but also that my kids prayed so persistently for their little sister and also because I was not wanting her to have to go through any crazy testing to see where the blood was coming from. It was one of those moments...I was so proud of them. :) Olivia is blessed to have them for her siblings. :)

1 Month Appointment.
All is well. She was showing some signs of acid reflux but it's not preventing her from eating. In fact she GREW A LOT!  She's 22.5 inches long and weighs 9.8 lbs! 80 something percentile for height and 50 something for weight. Head circumference: 36.5 cm.

1 comment:

Lea Liz said...

Congratulations!!!! How exciting and what a blessing!!!!