Monday, July 28, 2008

Bugs, Tornados, Coffee, Sleep, Transportation & VIP

Things change. Perceptions change. Bugs gross me out so much more now that the babies are here. They make my skin crawl now. Not that I was a bug-lover before but now I really don't like them. Those million leg, long bugs.....oooooo I hate those. The thought of them crawling on the babies freaks me out. At night when I'm feeding the babies from time to time I'll see them crawling across the floor........I HATE them.

Tornados. Yesterday we had a tornado warning in our area. Literally in our area. The red polygon on the news was right over us. In between Thomasville and New Salem. I normally like storms. Especially at night. I love to lay in bed and listen to them. This however was more than a normal storm and I felt this feeling of panic. I watched the news the whole time until they removed that red polygon. I was playing it out in my mind...babies, basement, blankets, formula. It ended up as only bad rain and thunder. Now I feel this responsibility of having to protect the babies. Now it's about keeping them safe.

Coffee. I loved coffee. I really did. I never was a big drinker, but loved a small cup every morning. Lots of cream and sugar. I had my first cup this morning. I didn't sleep well last night. I've been having a lot of joint pain. So I thought I'd make some coffee. It tasted gross. Made me sick to my stomach. It just doesn't taste the same.

Sleep. We all know sleep will never be the same. It's been quite some time now including my pregnancy filled with contractions. I hear everything the babies do. I think so anyhow. I wake up as soon as they start waking up. I hear every little stir. Nick can now successfully sleep through mild crying. I've always been a light sleeper but it's even more so now. If they are up, so am I.

Nick dropped the Explorer off for an oil change Friday morning and we forgot to call and check on it. We only have one set of keys (dumb on our part) and that meant the babies and I were "stranded" all weekend. Wow...did that start to get to me. I'm used to my breaks to go to the grocery store. I also had it in my mind that if their was an emergency, we didn't have car seats. Nick had his work car but it's stick and I can't drive stick. He at least was able to go to church but I'll tell ya what...I'm about nutty and dying for Nick to get home tonight so I can go get groceries. lol

We visited VIP (Visual Impact), my old employer. They just recently changed their name and they BLEW UP MY LOGO! lol CreataVivendi's website (If you click on the Visual Impact Productions link, that's the old site that I was apart of.) I borrowed Hannah, one of my small group girls to help me take the babies in. She was awesome. The girl makes me laugh and she loves to help and loves the babies. She had her STAFF tshirt because she came form work and they were teasing us that I had "STAFF". lol It was nice to visit my old work. It felt weird though at the same time. I was there for 11 years and because of that it feels like home but now many people are gone since I left and there are new people there and it felt awkward. I'd be the long time employee and it felt strange to not be a part of it any longer. I think it just hots you when you see things changing without you. It was so nice to see the original crew though. The babies were wide eyed. Taking it all in when we got there. It was pouring out when we left and it was fun getting those car seats out and inside. Hannah is a champ. She seriously can maneuver and lift. lol Barb, Brad, PJ, Shane, Chris and of course my boss Randy. Brad and PJ held Luke and Barb held both Luke and Taylor and they both fell asleep in her arms. Cute. I made Shane at least touch Luke before he ran off to get an engagement ring for his girlfriend. Life just flies by, doesn't it?

No comments: