Saturday, January 19, 2008

Docs Appt. Jan 18, 2008

Still loving strawberry milk.

It's been a week. Today I'm finally feeling relief from both the sinus infection and the ligament pain. AMEN. I think it kinda gave Nick and I a little wake up call of how I might not be so mobile over the next few months. I really think the coughing made the pain linger longer. So I'm hoping not to have another 2 days like that. Who knows though........there is lots of stretching to go.

I walked out of this docs appt in tears. I was so frustrated. I had all these questions to ask and the doc was not listening. Seeing a new doctor every appt is not agreeing with me. I really have trouble getting comfortable with docs as it is and I'm beginning to not like this rotation of 8 different docs. This doc was a man and he walked in talking. He never introduced himself and he was clearly in a hurry. He wouldn't make eye contact with me and I didn't get a chance to ask questions. He was very blunt with me. He said my ultrasounds look good and right now they are transverse in position. If they are both head down we're going forward with natural delivery and if not then you'll have a c-section. He just kept talking. I told the nurse that took my blood pressure that I've been having a lot of dizzy spells like I'm gonna pass out. My blood pressure has been really good though. This time it was 100/80. It's always been about there even pre-pregnancy. She said with carrying twins it is common for that to happen because of how much of my blood they are using. Then the doc asked me what these spells were like and he didn't even let me answer. He pushed me back on the table to measure me and I told him to stop. Laying back is one of the most painful things right now with this ligament and it sent sharp pain into me. He acted all shocked but I couldn't get a word in the warn him. I told him what I'd been experiencing and he quickly told me there is nothing they can do and I might as well get use to it. I'm small and having twins and it isn't going to get any better. I then told him the other doctor recommending a pregnancy massage therapist and/or chiropractor. So he said he'd get the nurse to get those references and he'd call in a prescription for tylenol with codeine to my pharmacy. He walked out and left. I didn't get a chance to ask him anything and I don't know if I want to take something that strong. I think the frustration of pain and his bluntness brought me to tears. I know it's gonna be painful and I don't expect it to be easy but I need to be able to ask questions. It's pretty scary for a first pregnancy to be high risk and I need their help. I know ultimately God is gonna take care of me and I just need to focus on that.

The good news.....I weighed 111 despite the cold and lack of appetite. The babies are right where they should be growth wise. Their heartbeats were 142 and 148. When she listened to the heartbeats, you could hear them moving around in there. It amazes me how much I feel them move. If it's not one it's the other.

I'm so ready for the cribs to get here and to be feeling better to work on the nursery. I got 2 bumpers to be able to match fabric to. I'm trying to save money by not buying bedding. Mom said you never use the quilts anyhow. So I got some solid soft bumpers and I'm thinking we'll get sheets and crib skirts separate and then my idea is to make headboards for the cribs and wrap them in fabric of some kind to give it character. Maybe I'll scan my sketches and post them here later.





No comments: