Friday, March 20, 2009

Turkey Chili

This is one of my new favorite foods. Besides the Ranch Doritos and BLT's I eat every single day. lol Thought I'd share the recipe. It actually came from a book I have called "Double Duty" about raising twins. I actually starting mixing the rice in with the chili (makes it go further) and eating it with tortilla chips. YUM!

2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 large onion, chopped
1-1/2 lb. ground turkey
1/4 cup cream
2 tbsp chili powder (I don't put that much in cause I'm a wuss) lol
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp dried dill
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2-28oz cans tomatoes, drained
1-15oz can red kidney beans, drained
1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1 cup black olives, sliced (I skipped this)

In large stockpot over medium heat, add garlic and onion and cook about 3 mins.

Add turkey, crumbling into pieces. Saute´stirring occasionally until turkey is cooked, about 10 mins.

Lower heat and add cream. Simmer until cream is absorbed, about 5 mins.

Add chili powder, oregano, lemon juice, dill, and mustard, stir until well blended.

Add drained tomatoes and simmer for 30 mins, stirring occasionally.

Add drained kidney beans and cook for another 10 mins.

Add parsley and olives, mix well.

My everyday lunch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds really good. I love chili with cornbread!

Abbi said...

ok...yummy! sounds sooo good! i'm goin to have to give it a try!