Tuesday, October 7, 2008

How Do You Do It, "I" Can't

I thank God every day that he gives me the ability that he does to take care of these babies. It's an honor to raise them for the Lord. I know that he wouldn't have blessed me with them without the ability to take care of them and he's given me a peaceful confidence. That's the only way I can describe it. It's not like I don't have frustrating days but I'm able to laugh and know it will be better the next day. I know so many people who make their kids their "gods" and they worship them. I see the product of that in some of the teenagers who we have ministered to. I pray that God will remind me that these precious babies are His and he's given us the pleasure of raising them. It helps to pray for strength because when they are both screaming there lungs out, I can take a deep breath and still smile at them knowing that God is using them to grow me. He's blessed me with patience I never had and unconditional love at a depth I never knew. As parents, we get a little taste of how much God loves us. We aren't capable of loving them as much as He loves them and THAT is incredible to me. I also appreciate my husband when he lifts me up by saying I'm a "champ" and telling me what a good mother I am. There are days when you doubt and I need his unwavering support. It's not that I know it all and I'm certainly learning more every day, but I know that I can do what I need to to take care of them with His help. 


I can do everything through Him who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:13

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not faint.

Isaiah 40:29-31

No comments: