Tuesday, March 11, 2014


Olivia's common sentences.
Mommy, I'm a mess.
Mommy, I wanna see.
Mommy, I wanna play.
Mommy, Come sit, draw. 
Mommy, I want up.
Mommy, I want down.
Mommy, all done.
Awwwwwe, that's cute.
Mommy, I want milk.
Guke, come on, play batman.
Sis-say....c'mere, sit, book.
Ali, (dog) c'mere.
Mommy, bath, I want in!
Other funny things... She says our names like we're in trouble, Mom-may, sis-say, dad-day, guuuuuke. Says, again, again when you tickle her. When I kiss her cheek she turns and says, this side for the other cheek. Lol
Her praying is still my favorite. Prays for Luke and Taylor when they get hurt. Lays her hands in them, Whispers and then says Amen. And when she's hurt she'll lean in for you to pray for her. 
------------
(In car) Taylor: Mama, I really think Olivia is going to be like me. She likes to get messy like me and she likes being crazy like me.
Luke: I think she looks a lot like mama because of her brown eyes and she does like to play hockey like me.
Taylor: she likes ballet too Luke.
Me: Olivia is and is gonna be just who God made her to be, she'll be just like Olivia.
Taylor: I still think she'll be most like me. 
-------------
Taylor was making breakfast for Olivia and Luke (pb toast) and Olivia saw her get the bread and she went to the pantry and got the peanut butter and said, Here Sissy!
-----------------
Olivia just threw her snack cup at Taylor and it hit her face.  Taylor: Livy! That was not nice!
Me: Livy, can you tell sissy you're sorry and pray for her?
Livy: un huh. Sorry sissy. (Puts her hand on her and whispers) amen.
{Now you have to understand that I don't let Luke and Taylor say sorry because 99.9% of the time that don't mean it, so I make them say, " I was wrong for (list specific thing), will you forgive me?}
Taylor: Livy, can you say I?--(Livy repeating)was wrong--for--hitting--you--with--the--hard--part--of--the--snack--cup--do you--forgive--me? Now give me a hug and a kiss! (Cracks me up, she wasn't getting by w sorry and praying)
----------------
Start'em young! She loves helping me do laundry. She loads and unloads. 
----------------
Olivia scares me with everything she observes and applies. She just took silverware out of the dishwasher, threw them in the silverware drawer, put the little bowls away and then got in the cabinet, put the dishwasher tab in the dishwasher and closed the door.
----------------
Taylor: (singing) There is power in the name of Jesus, there is power in the name of Jesus. To break every chain, break every chain, break every chain. .....Mom! We sang that today in big worship.
Me: I know, I love it.
Taylor: we were really getting into it ....worshipping.
Me: Me too. (love her)
---------------
This is breaking my heart.  doctor said he has a pretty serious case of pneumonia and I need to watch him closely.
--------------
Well Luke and Taylor are arguing this morning so he must be feeling a lot better. Seriously, he's acting like a different kid than yesterday. Thank you Jesus. Praying he keeps it up.
----------------
In tears coming from the Luke's doctor appointment. The doctor was shocked. Literally kept checking his lungs over and over saying she could hardly hear ANY congestion in his lungs. She said, I'm shocked, I've never seen a turn around like this, I was really concerned about him yesterday and honestly thought about admitting him to the hospital. She kept saying, he looks like a different kid, I can't believe this. Wow. We were able to tell her that we had lots of people praying for him. She said to try and keep him resting for a couple days which is going to be hard and to cut back to meds but finish them since yesterday the infection was really deep and we don't want to risk not getting to the bottom of it. She just kept saying, I've never seen a kid that sick and the next day this well. Thank you Jesus.  she also said she's never seen a kid Taylor's age with so much empathy for others, that she has a gift. She said I'm going to have to be careful she pays attention to herself as she gets older. I told her she finds joy in caring for others, it's how god made her. Feeling so thankful. Thankful to hear the arguing and pestering again. Lol Luke asked if the doc knew Jesus and did she not understand Jesus healed him. He asked how is she gonna understand it was Jesus? I told him that you were sick and now you're well just like the blind man was blind and then he could see. That's testimony she can't explain.
---------------
We may not be able not be able to watch the Olympics because of not having tv service but this morning the kids asked to watch Miracle on Ice and were chanting USA and teaching Olivia to do the same.
Taylor: Mom, the USA coach is really encouraging. He was saying, We are going to be the best. Wasn't that nice momma?
Luke: Yeah and Jimmy Craig is a Christian. He was praying to our same God mom. Not those idol gods. 
--------------
Mommy Luke time today and tonight. I love this boy and how he thinks.
Luke: Mom, remember that day when Jesus healed me twice in one day?? My lungs and my finger? That was crazy wasn't it? (A scab fell off his finger yesterday morning as well as waking up w no fever and feeling great like himself after the doc diagnosed him w a serious case of pneumonia, she debated hospitalizing him. She said to be prepared for a high fever and sleep for at least a week and weeks of recovery. He's currently jumping up and down dancing and making me laugh) 
---------------
Luke: Mom, I'm glad we believe in Jesus cuz Santa couldn't heal my lungs. But Jesus has the power to.
{can't wait to see what God does with this boys fire)
--------------
Me: Olivia can you come here please?
. . .
Taylor: (going where Olivia is) Livy, mommy asked you to come here and your not obeying right away. Honey you need to go to mommy and tell her you were wrong for not obeying.
Olivia: Okay.
Taylor: (walking her out) Go ahead. 
Olivia: No.
Taylor: Livy! At least say your sorry!
Olivia: Sorry! (Running off)
Taylor: I don't think she really meant that.
--------------
Just had an hour discussion with Luke and Taylor about discerning Gods voice vs Satans voice. They brought up stories of how even people who love God can be tricked by Satan. They brought up David when he stole another mans wife and then tried to kill him, Solomon and how he got greedy, Joash and how he promised to lead his people to serve God and then he listened to unwise council and killed the high priests son who saved him. They brought up how they were both fighting over the watermelon lollipop today and role played the thoughts in their head. Satan wanted them to think they deserved that watermelon one and to fight over it. God wanted them to think of the other before themselves and show love by ending the conflict. Taylor said. It ls just so hard sometimes mom, it's crazy how there's just this battle between good and evil. These kids keep me stepping. I love it.
--------------
Luke and Taylor said they adopted 20 babies whose moms were killed in battle. #thethingstheythinkup
---------------
I was in the bathroom and Livy walked in and said, "Mommy I missed you!"  and today I put her in her high chair and she said "I want waffles." And tonight she was praying over everyone. Getting so big!
---------------
Luke is teaching Livy Nothing but the blood of Jesus. She's repeating him word for word. 
-----------------
Every time Luke and Taylor get in their glider swing they sing songs and yell out to God as they look at the sky. They are praising him for his creation, for Jesus, and for how powerful he is and how much he loves us. 
-----------------

No comments: