Thursday, September 25, 2008

Photoshop Babies

Photoshop babies. With all the baby magazines that are out there, I'm sure you've noticed the perfect "soft" skin. If I had all the time in the world, mind you it's now past 11 pm and everyone is asleep but me...I would photoshop those special pictures like I did this one. Notice how soft their skin is and how their features pop. It's a technique I came up with to "soften" the skin and "sharpen" the features. I became obsessed with it and used it on many of the last design projects before I left the corporate world. Don't get me wrong, I don't want a history of fake pictures but as a graphic designer, I love photo editing and look how cute this one turned out. :) It makes their cute little features pop. I do find myself fixing the spit ups and any scratches on their faces. I can't help it. I've always looked at photo editing this way...especially for weddings...is that zit or those tan lines gonna be there forever? Then why should it be on the photo forever? lol I love to draw attention to the eyes, nose, lips and hair that make a person unique. I haven't done as much portrait photo editing as I'd like freelance wise. I'd love to get some work retouching portraits..it's fun.

No comments: